How to Import OST to Office 365: Get Your Answer Here
“Help me! I am looking for a solution to Import OST to Outlook 365 application. Is there have any methods available to perform this process. If yes, then please share the relevant solution to solve this problem. Thanks in advance!”
Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 both are email platforms originated by Microsoft. These applications are widely used by the Individuals as well as by the corporate users. Storing your Exchange mailbox data on cloud platform has many benefits such as emails in the Office 365 application is universally accessible in the presence of internet connectivity. So many users want to upload OST file to Office 365 application. In this article, we will discuss the procedure to perform this migration task by using manual and automated solution. Before moving to the solution part let us first discuss why the users want to migrate OST file data to Exchange online.
Reasons to Upload OST File to Office 365
There are several reasons to perform this process. Some of which are described below:
1. Office 365 application is easily accessible from anywhere: Cloud-based application offers more services as compared to desktop based email clients application. Office 365 account is facilitated by the Microsoft online suite. So the data saved in the Office 365 application will be easily accessible in presence of the internet connectivity. So this will be the reason why the users want to import OST to Outlook 365.
2. No Chance of File Corruption: If the data is stored in the Microsoft cloud then there is no chance of file corruption. So to avoid any corruption issue various users wants to move their OST file data to Exchange online. Because once your OST file data gets corrupted, its recovery will not be as simple as a walk in the park.
3. Other Reasons: Because of the latest Office 365 technology, most of the organizations are planning to migrate the OST file data to O365 application. Also, there are several users and facilities provides to Office 365 users.
Manual Solution to Know How To Import OST to Outlook 365
There are no direct methods are available. First of all the user have to convert the OST file data to Outlook PST file format. And then after that, the user has to upload this PST file to Outlook 365.
Step 1: Convert the Outlook OST file to PST file format.
Step 2: Import the PST file to Office 365 application.
To convert the OST file data to PST file format the user can take the help of export feature of MS Outlook application. Follow the steps below to perform this process.
1. Launch the Outlook application and click on File.
2. Select the Import and Export option.
3. Then Choose Export to a file option and click Next.
4. Select the Personal folder file (PST) and click Next.
5. Now select the folders you want to Export.
6. Browse the destination location to Save the PST file.
7. Click on Finish to complete the process.
Step 2: Migrate the Outlook PST file to Office 365
After converting the OST file to PST file format, you can upload the PST file to Outlook 365 with the help of following methods.
1. Network Upload Method: This method helps the user to upload the PST file to Exchange online. To know more about this method the user can refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/use-network-upload-to-import-pst-files
2. Drive Shipping Method: In this method, the user has to copy the PST file to the hard drive file. After that, the user has to physically ship the Hard drive to the Microsoft data center. For complete information about this method the user can refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/use-drive-shipping-to-import-pst-files-to-office-365
Downsides of Manual Method to Upload OST file to Office 365
Here is the various limitation of this manual method. Some of which are described below:
1. The manual process is a very time cumbersome and time-consuming process.
2. This process requires strong technical skills. So it is very difficult to perform for Non-technical users.
3. High risk of data loss is there in this manual workaround.
Don’t Be Said! Here is an Automated Solution to Import OST to Outlook 365
As we have seen the manual process has various limitations so in that case, the user can prefer Import OST file to Office 365 application. This application can easily migrate the OST file mailbox items to Exchange online. Apart from that this utility also gives you various options to save the OST file data to Outlook PST / EML / MSG / HTML file formats. This software is designed with a powerful and advanced set of algorithms. The Graphical user interface of this utility is so simple and easy to use for technical as well as novice users.
Transferring the data from one application to the other is a tedious task. So from the above write up one can get the ideas how to import OST to Outlook 365 application. We have given the reasons why the user wants to upload OST to Exchange online. Also, the manual procedure to perform this process has various limitations which cannot be ignored. So to overcome the limitations the user can take the help of OST to Office 365 migration tool.