“Teeth is the only part of our body that can’t protect themselves. Protect them if you want to welcome each day with a healthy smile.”
Miracles start happening in your mouth when you chew foods or drink beverages. When you chew an apple, the bacteria inside your mouth convert sugars and carbohydrates from the fruit to acids, which affect the enamel on your teeth, starting the decaying process.
If you want to maintain the perfect dental health, then make sure you have a proper diet. Give importance to what you eat and how you eat because these factors affect your oral health significantly.
Healthy foods and drinks for your dental health
Good oral health can help you avoid expensive and painful dental implants. Foods and drinks are extremely important for overall dental health. Each food you chew affects your teeth and gums. If you love your teeth and want to welcome each day with a beautiful smile, then make sure you include these foods and drinks in your daily diet.
1. Chicken drumsticks: Kids and adults love to have chicken drumsticks in snacks. Chicken thighs, wings, and drums are high in collagen. When you eat this collagen, it helps you to avoid gum disease. If you don’t want to eat fried stuff, then make a soup with chicken legs. A chicken bone broth has lots of collagen and nutrients. It is good for dental health.
2. Butter: Many people stay away from butter for cholesterol and unchecked weight gain. But pediatric dentists recommend butter for kids since it is one of the best foods for healthy teeth. Butter is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and Vitamin K2. These are fat-soluble vitamins that are good for overall health.
3. Strawberries: It’s true that strawberries can stain your dress, but they are a natural dental bleaching agent. Strawberry comprises an enzyme called malic acid, which helps to whiten your teeth. Crush strawberries and rub them on your teeth. Leave them on your teeth for a few minutes and rinse with water, brush, and floss.
4. Garlic: This is my favorite ingredient for cooking. I adore its delicious flavour and try to add in curries whenever possible.
Garlic is good for your dental health. It has a component called allicin, which has strong antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties. Allicin helps to prevent dental diseases like cavities and gum disease.
5. Cheese: Cheddar cheese helps to reduce the acid level in your mouth. In fact, research published in the journal General Dentistry revealed that people who consumed cheddar cheese had lower pH levels in their mouth than those who gulped a glass of milk. Cheese helps to neutralize the plaque acid.
6. Milk: Just like cheese, milk is full of calcium, which is good for teeth. Milk is also low in sugar, and that is a great thing for your dental health. A glass of milk can reduce the acid level in the mouth. It can also help to neutralize the acid generated by plaque bacteria. Just make sure you don’t add too much sugar in the milk. It will taste like a syrup. If you’re really concerned about your dental teeth, drink a glass of milk after eating a chocolate cake. It will help to protect your teeth.
7. Black Tea: Black tea has compounds like polyphenols, which helps to fight cavities and gum disease. Researchers at the Illinois University recently found that people who rinsed their mouth with water had more plaque than those who rinsed their mouth with black tea for 1 minute, several times a day. Tea helps to reduce the growth of plaque producing harmful bacteria.
8. Water: Fluoridated water is the best beverage for your dental health. It helps to protect teeth from acid attacks that cause cavities. It also helps to rinse all the food particles from your teeth and dilute the acids produced from bacteria. So drink fluoridated water as much as possible. It not only keeps you hydrated but also makes your teeth and gums happy.
Last but not the least,
Most people don’t know this. Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A. This helps to safeguard your tooth enamel and ward off cavities. Dentists often recommend boiled sweet potatoes to patients after dental cleaning procedures like bleaching and polishing as they are very soft. So even if you hate to eat sweet potatoes, browse interesting recipes online, make delicious snacks, and eat them. Your teeth will love you even more than now.