Many dreams of becoming an architect but may not know how to go about it. Like every other professional course, this too needs a professional degree and some basic skills. Becoming an architect is no joke as the job of construction planning, designing, and reviewing rests on their shoulders. So here are some tips the students should know on how to become an architect.
- Educational qualification:
Let’s start with step one, which is, the educational requirement needed to get an admission into a college of Architecture. To pursue a B.Arch. Program, you must have either of the following two:
- You must complete your 10+2 examination with English and Mathematics as mandatory subjects and a minimum of 50% marks.
- You must have a 10+3 year diploma in any stream.
- Decide the type of architecture:
The first tip that students should know is that there are different types of architects. So you must understand your skills and train yourself for the one which you want to pursue. You can find out more about them on the portals of the architecture colleges in Punjab.
You must have the following fundamental capabilities to become a successful architect:
- First and foremost, you must have superb drawing skill along with excellent design skills.
- Your success as an architect depends on your creativity and imagination.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skill which will also be helpful in negotiating.
- You must be able to pay attention to the smallest of details to avoid any catastrophe with the building design and also be able to look at the bigger picture at the same time.
- You must be capable enough to combine
- An understanding of history and culture is also handy.
- Career requirements :
Following are the requirements of an architect:
- A degree level of Bachelor’s or masters for advancement
- A 5-year Bachelor’s program accredited by the NAAB (National Architectural Accrediting Board). You can get it from any best architecture colleges in Punjab.
- Preferably two years’ experience. You can either do internships or get hands-on training.
- Job profile:
The next tip is about an architect’s job profile. You must understand the job profile thoroughly to prepare yourself for the job.
- At the start of the project, you need to talk to the client and understand what their expectations are along with the project requirements. You need to present rough designs to the clients.
- The next phase is the design phase. You need to analyze the site and design the building orientation accordingly. Later develop rough sketches of your ideas.
- The design development phase in which you need to build up technical details of the project.
- Document all the specifications and get it approved by the builder.
- You should be present throughout the construction period and check if it is going as per your design.
- You need to follow up during the warranty period to check for defects.
Look for an architecture college in Chandigarh that helps you achieve your dream along with the right guidance. Finally, the greatest of all tips is to choose a career wisely and only if you wish to pursue and not under any compulsion. Make sure you make the right choice after proper research.