The tread design on the tyre is not an artwork; rather it’s a technological and scientific phenomenon that expresses various aspects of track requirements, weather conditions, and applications.
Rubber compound and tread pattern of the tyre is usually streamlined with respect to the environment it is going to be utilized in. If winter tyres are to be used in hot weather the tyre won’t do very well and the same goes for summer tyres in winter weather. Likewise, competition tyres are inefficient on the normal road. That is why it is important to select the tyre while keeping the environment in mind.
There are best tire brands in UAE, manufacturing tyres that are specific to the searing hot weather of UAE, while on the contrary manufacture tyres according to the geodynamics of Alaska’s cold weather. These tyre brands manufacture different types of tyres for each season all around the globe.
Tyres according to season
Following is the categorization of tyres according to the respective season:
Summer tires are produced using a lot softer rubber compound than winter tires which conveys better grasp and predominant performance on both dry and wet tracks in hotter conditions.
Summer tires additionally include a lot simpler tread design than winter tires with less no of sipes and grooves. Such tread increases contact with the street during dry summer months while providing the vehicle with better braking and traction.
Summer tyres are used in temperatures above 7°C, If used below the recommended temperature the performance of the tyre will derail.
In terms of wet roads, summer tyres will still perform amazingly. So do not be afraid of those rainy days.
Following are some of the benefits of summer tyres:
- Due to reduced rolling resistance summer tyres have better fuel economy
- Summer tyres are long-lasting
- The driving experience is comfortable
- The noise is reduced since summer tyres are great at absorbing vibrations due to the soft rubber compound
- The driver will experience better handling because the tyres are softer while having a firm grip.
Winter tyres have more rubber in its tread compound with the goal that it doesn’t solidify when it’s cold. This guarantees the tire remains adaptable in low winter temperatures even below the mark of 7-degree Celcius. This tyre structure ensures astounding handling on snow and ice just as on wet streets.
The tread design of the winter tyres has much deeper grooves up to ten times more than any summer tyres in order to provide firm grip into the snow and ice.
Winter tires look fundamentally the same as summer tires yet are exceptionally created to give extra driving experience in winter conditions.
Not only winter tyres a manufactured for driving in the snow, but winter tires are also intended to work best in wet and icy tracks.
Following are some of the benefits of winter tyres:
- With winter tyres the stopping distance will exceptionally decrease due to a firm grip.
- Winter tyres are more secured due to specially developed rubber compound for winter conditions as well as due to deeper grooves.
- Due to dedicated and specific tread design, the risk of aquaplaning is reduced.
- Winter tyres provide optimum driving experience in winter conditions.
All season tyres
All-season tyres have properties of both winter and summer tires. All-season tires are produced using a transitional rubber compound that offers adequate grip on dry and warm tracks as well as they don’t solidify as much as summer tires in winter.
Most importantly all-season tires can overcome aquaplaning via unique tread design as well as have a great grip on icy tracks.
This implies all-season tires are the main tires that can really be utilized lasting throughout the year. The exchange off is that all-season tires can’t offer customized or desired optimum performance.
The best summer tires will outflank all-season tires throughout the late spring similarly winter tires will dependably exceed expectations in the snow.
Following are some of the key points of all-season tyres:
- All season tyres are economical since instead of buying two sets for summer and winter you could buy a set of all-season tyres and utilize them throughout the year
- All-season tyres perform great in dry and wet conditions
- Have longer tread life
In terms of having the best driving experience the capability and compatibility of the tyre according to geographical location and weather condition is very important.
Always make sure that you change all four of tyres altogether as well as they should be of the same type.